● Euroclear has launched its Digital Securities Issuance (D-SI) service, which allows for the issuance, distribution, and settlement of fully digital international securities.
● The inaugural issuance was done by the World Bank, raising EUR 100 million and listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
● Euroclear’s D-SI service is part of its Digital Financial Market Infrastructure (D-FMI) strategy and operates on a Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) platform.
● The platform is connected to Euroclear’s traditional settlement platform for secondary market operations, ensuring full CSDR compliance.
● This launch is part of Euroclear’s goal to advance digital infrastructure in financial markets and harness the potential of DLT.