● Untangled Finance, a tokenized real-world asset marketplace, has gone live on the Celo network after securing a $13.5 million investment.
● The London-based asset management firm Fasanara Capital led the investment round and has also opened two credit pools on the platform.
● Untangled Finance plans to expand to Ethereum and Polygon via Chainlink’s Cross Chain Interoperability Protocol, making it a multichain and interoperable credit protocol.
● The platform aims to bring the traditional private credit market, which is currently over $1 trillion in size, to blockchains through tokenization.
● It focuses on fintech lending and “green assets” such as working capital or development loans for green infrastructure projects.
● Untangled Finance offers unique features such as a built-in liquidation engine, a forward-looking credit assessment model, and an auction-based withdrawal mechanism for investors.
● The market of tokenized assets is expected to reach $5 trillion in the next five years, bringing operational efficiencies and improving liquidity and accessibility for investors and asset managers.